Monday, July 27, 2015

Small pool on the "cheap"

So, my wife picked up one of those soft-sided ("redneck") pools for this summer. It's about 15' in diameter, and about 3' deep. It's got a little pump to circulate the water. Despite my objections, it's now set up in the back yard. And I gotta say -- it's pretty refreshing.

So, I'm kind of interested in small pools now, especially after running across this article with really cool small pools that fit my modern tastes.

What would it take to put a small pool this size or smaller in a smaller in my backyard? I have a feeling the answer is going to be "too much", but why? What's the major cost? Can't we just concrete a box, and fill it with water? I feel like a "water feature" can be built somewhat affordably, but by the time they get to pool-sized, the costs have risen exponentially.

submitted by strong_grey_hero
[link] [comment]

from Home Design, Improvement and Services MA http://ift.tt/1U32JE1
via http://ift.tt/1gXxmwq

No comments:

Post a Comment