Monday, July 27, 2015

Question about installing a dimmer light switch

Hello /r/homeimprovement, I recently moved into a new apartment and signed a year long lease and have nice recessed lighting in the kitchen but it has a simple rocker light switch. I was hoping to replace it with a dimmer switch because the current brightness is too much to handle. Also, it is a single switch that controls all of the lights in the kitchen.

My questions are:

  1. How do I know if my lights are dimmable? I believe they are LED bulbs but I am not sure because I do not have access to the bulb information and with them being recessed, it is much harder for me to access the bulbs directly.
  2. After killing the power from the circuit breaker, is there any risk with self installation?
  3. Once I determine if it's a single or multiple pole switch, which are the best in each respective category?

Thanks in advance for any help and information!

submitted by JRobertson7987
[link] [2 comments]

from Home Design, Improvement and Services MA http://ift.tt/1IDCn9w
via http://ift.tt/1gXxmwq

No comments:

Post a Comment