Monday, July 27, 2015

Suggestions for blinds or curtains for very narrow windows

I have some very narrow windows on either side of my front door that need some sort of blinds or curtains. Ideally, I would like to put up something translucent-- that will allow light in, but not allow people to see inside.

The problem is that the window frames are 6" wide and maybe 5-6 feet tall. I've looked on [Select Blinds](www.selectblinds.com) and they don't seem to sell custom blinds that are that narrow.

If I go with curtains, I would prefer to have them sit inside the window sill and not outside of it, if that makes sense. Even if the curtains I ultimately find were to be hung over the window frame and not inside it, there's still only ~1 foot between the door frame and the wall, so it's not much space. I've also shopped around in big box stores a little bit, and curtain rods and curtains are all much longer than this.

Are there some other options that I'm overlooking here, or am I going to have to try to make my own curtain rods and curtains for this?

submitted by Im_A_Viking
[link] [1 comment]

from Home Design, Improvement and Services MA http://ift.tt/1OLAAhC
via http://ift.tt/1gXxmwq

No comments:

Post a Comment